In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the PREIMER ATHLETIC COMPETITION athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself or youth participant from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. 1, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PREIMER ATHLETIC COMPETITION LLC, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE,
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY ADULT PARTICIPANT: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree and verify the following: 1) / consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF YOUTH PARTICIPANTS: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree to and verify the following: 1) I am the parent or legal guardian for the youth participant(s) associated with this guardian account, 2) that the date of birth of the youth participant associated with this guardian account is correct, 3) that as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to assume the risks of his/her participation in these programs; and 4) that I specifically agree to his/her release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, 1 release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to this youth participant's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
PAC Sports will not tolerate verbal or physical abuse of any minor participating at a PAC sanctioned event. PAC sanctions athletic events in which it provides rules for play and a tournament structure that leads to post season tournament opportunities for teams that register to participate in PAC sanctioned activities that are overseen by PAC directors.
We encourage parents (and guardians) who determine the team for an amateur team participant, the adult team participants (such as team coaches or team sponsors) of a team, the community organizations who are involved in the organization, creation or management of such teams to thoroughly investigate and screen the background and character of the individuals who coach, manage, volunteer or otherwise come into contact with such teams and their minor participants and to vigilantly supervise any and all activities of any amateur team with which they are associated.
Background checks are available on-line for a small fee and PAC encourages those responsible for team activities and the parents (guardians) of amateur athletic team members to utilize such tools to limit the exposure of amateur athletes to those who might pose a risk. Because PAC is not an organizer, manager or creator of teams, it does not in any way take responsibility for the organization, creation, management or any other activity of the teams (customers) that register to play in PAC sanctioned leagues, tournaments and/or showcases, except to provide the opportunity to play PAC sanctioned events under PAC rules as overseen by a PAC director.
Teams that participate in PAC sanctioned events are customers of PAC and no more. When a team chooses to participate in a PAC activity, the team, its players, coaches, volunteers, organizers, and its parents and fans must abide by PAC rules found in the PAC Rule Book, Bylaws, Policy and Procedures and its Constitution with respect to PAC activities. Since PAC has nothing to do with the practice sessions of a team, choosing of team coaches, the picking of which team to play for, socializes before, after or during a PAC sanctioned activity, the activities with respect to any other sanctioning body, or any other activities of a team (but simply provides sanctioning for registered participation in PAC directed activities), PAC takes no responsibility for any such other non-PAC sanctioned event activities of any team.
While PAC is not responsible for checking the background of each of its customers (including the coaches of the teams that play in PAC sanctioned events), those convicted or charged with a violent felony or a sex offense with a minor are automatically suspended from all PAC sanctioned activities (until found innocent or the charges are dropped). Thus if you are aware of someone who has been charged with or convicted of a violent felony or a sex crime with a minor and that someone is may be in any way involved in a PAC sanctioned activity, you should immediately inform your area or state PAC director and upon being provided with proof of such charges or conviction, that individual will be automatically suspended from all PAC sanctioned activities.
For example, if you do a background check on a coach before joining a team and find evidence that he has been charged with having sex with a minor, you should report this to your area or state PAC director, even though you have decided to play for another team. Even more important if you are aware of any one who has committed a violent felony or has had sex with a minor that has not been charged, you are obligated to report those crimes to the proper authorities and you should do so immediately.