In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the PREIMER ATHLETIC COMPETITION athletics/sports program, related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. The risk to have contact with individuals, who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk that I could be exposed to and/or become infected through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease;
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation;
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself or youth participant from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. 1, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PREIMER ATHLETIC COMPETITION LLC, their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE,
6. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT BEFORE ACKNOWLEDGING THE CHECKBOX BELOW, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO IT ON MY OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF THE YOUTH PARTICIPANT ASSOCIATED WITH THIS GUARDIAN ACCOUNT, AND I SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT BY ADULT PARTICIPANT: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree and verify the following: 1) / consent and agree to assume the risks of participation in these programs; and 2) that I specifically agree to the release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my involvement or participation in these programs EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY PARENTS AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIANS OF YOUTH PARTICIPANTS: By acknowledging and agreeing to the checkbox below, I agree to and verify the following: 1) I am the parent or legal guardian for the youth participant(s) associated with this guardian account, 2) that the date of birth of the youth participant associated with this guardian account is correct, 3) that as parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to assume the risks of his/her participation in these programs; and 4) that I specifically agree to his/her release as provided herein of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, 1 release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to this youth participant's involvement or participation in these programs as provided above EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Gene Campbell Memorial Events
For you who didn’t know Gene Campbell, well quite frankly you missed out. He was an incredible human being. He could spin a story like no other, have you on the edge of your seat to only hit you with the punchline and you’d laugh so hard because the entire time you thought it was a real story. He was a true baseball guy! He knew and understood the game like only few can. He devoted his whole life to coaching kids and after 40 years he finally got to live his dream, by running tournaments in North Texas. He was so respected in the baseball community that I witness grown men take off their hats when speaking with him out of respect. Everyone have their critics and he was no different. The difference was, even if someone didn’t like him they still respected him. He treated everyone fairly. A common phrase used to describe him was, “Gene was tough but Gene was fair.”
Gene’s whole life revolved around coaching and youth baseball. He dedicated 40+ years to Grand Prairie Boys Baseball and the city of Grand Prairie. Between coaching and volunteering on the league board, he won over 20 city championships and was the President of Grand Prairie Boys Baseball until his passing in January of 2015. I can remember being out to dinner and grown men walk up to him and say, “hey Coach Campbell do you remember me? You were my coach when I played baseball in Grand Prairie.” He would always say don’t tell me your name, he’d then think for a minute and call them by their nickname that he came up with when coached them.. The facial expression that would come over these grown men faces were priceless. He had a real talent for bringing the best out of people and making everyone feel special.
He loved giving back and after his passing I struggled with how to honor his legacy. Then I remembered something he told me about why he coached. He said, “that if by coaching I helped to keep one kid on the field and off the street, then it was worth it.” That's when it hit me to start “The Gene Campbell Sports Foundation.” We pay the registration fee and provide equipment for families that can’t afford these costs. So if we can help keep athletes on the field and off the street, so they don’t get caught up in activities that could get them in trouble, then we have honored my father's legacy and by playing in this event you are helping us to keep his legacy alive.
So, Thank you to everyone that has been part of our past “Gene Campbell Memorial Tournaments” and thank you to those that continue to help us keep his legacy going.